The following Matlab GUI enables the user to generate P-xy diagrams for binary ideal solutions using a database of over 9000 chemical compounds. The user simply chooses the compound of interest from the populated listbox, and the GUI will do the rest. Several key features have been added:
- User can calculate vapor-liquid splits
- User can calculate the quality
- User has complete control over units
- Multiple diagrams can be printed within the same window to allow for simple temperature comparisons
To use this GUI, download the .zip file and the
*GUI.m file (not the figure!). If the database is not configured correctly, the MS Access database has been included so you can configure it yourself.
- All Antoine coefficients were carefully scraped from Yaw's Handbook